A scholar is going for walks throughout Ohio University’s campus when she spots a welcome surprise: Grandma, with a cloying grin, beckoning her for a spontaneous highway trip.
- Off they go on a whirlwind weekend tour that would make Ferris Bueller jealous — biking in Cleveland, hiking in Yellow Springs and paddling down the Scioto River.
- The two even ponder matching tattoos from Advanced Physique Art on North Large Street.
What is happening: Ohio is showcasing that impromptu journey and other Buckeye Point out encounters as aspect of its “Obtain It Listed here” tourism marketing campaign.
- The point out strategies to invest $8 million in Tv set, radio and electronic adverts across Ohio and its five neighboring states.
Why it matters: Ohio tourism commonly generates tens of billions of dollars in customer shelling out each and every 12 months, for each the state’s department of enhancement, but that figure took a main hit all through the pandemic.
- With journey on the increase again and summer months approaching, Ohio needs Midwesterners to decide on our towns, amusement parks and trails.
The large photo: Ohio’s been on a big self-promotion kick in the latest many years, concerning this and the ongoing tries to convince coastal people and corporations to relocate right here.
Our just take: When people “Ohio is for Leaders” billboards are a little bit cringey, this advertisement feels additional heartfelt and efficient. Who isn’t going to want to skip research and journey roller coasters as an alternative?
- Montage new music from the Columbus folk band Caamp is a great contact.
🤔 This ad received us thinking … what would a Central Ohio-centric promo glance like?
- We envision a spouse and children savoring the boisterous Nordecke portion at a Crew game, taking a stroll via the Columbus Arts Competition and feeding giraffes at the zoo’s Heart of Africa exhibit.
- Then ending off the working day with a chilly consume at Edison Brewing Corporation, watching planes get off and land from the hilltop patio. Now that is a working day value skipping class for.
📬 What would your Ohio ad look like? Email [email protected] with your ideas.
Support nearby journalism by becoming a member.
Learn a lot more
Extra Columbus stories
No tales could be found
Get a totally free everyday digest of the most important information in your yard with Axios Columbus.
Assistance area journalism by turning out to be a member.
Master far more